February 29th - March 3rd 2024
Visions & Evolutions in Piano Music
Call for proposals: Extended until September 25th 2023
Registration: June 15th 2023 - February 15th 2024
Early Bird: June15th - December 31st 2023
EPTA Switzerland will celebrate its 40th birthday! We are delighted to be holding the 46th International EPTA Conference in Switzerland to mark this occasion. The conference will take place in Lucerne, in the heart of Switzerland, in the newly built, architecturally fascinating premises of the Lucerne School of Music. The conference will start on Thursday afternoon 29 February and end on Sunday 3 March 2024 after the morning session.
With the theme CHANGES - Visions and Evolutions in Piano Music, we focus on the unceasing developments and innovations in the history and present of piano music and piano pedagogy. Where do revolutions and historical changes occur, which developments and evolutions proceed slowly and silently? How do composers, performers and pedagogues respond to a constantly changing world?
Pianists, educators and musicologists are welcome to submit their proposals for lectures, lecture-recitals, workshops and discussion panels. We look forward to welcome you in Lucerne!
Tomas Dratva - President EPTA Switzerland
Guidelines Call for Proposals
The Call for Proposals is over. The detailed programme of the conference will be published in December 2023.
- Performance of all styles
- Creative processes: Interpretation, Improvisation, Composition
- Education: Teaching and Learning
- Musical History, Musicology
- Intercultural Projects and Research
- Interdisciplinary Themes
- Music Psychology
- Piano Technique
- Piano Building
- Piano Recording
- Electronic and Digital Aspects
- Variant Keyboard Instruments (Organ, Harpsichord, Clavichord, etc.
Forms of presentation:
- Lecture/Lecture Recital/Workshop short: 25 minutes
- Lecture/Lecture Recital/workshop long: 45 minutes
All presentations include a 5-minute discussion within the given time frame.
Content that requires other formats may also be submitted by stating the reasons and needs.
The following equipment is available for all presentations:
- Grand piano,
- Screen for presentations
Please specify other additional equipment and instruments in your submission, if needed.
The abstracts for the proposal are to be submitted in English. The maximum length of the abstract is 1300 characters including spaces. A short, written CV with a maximum length of 650 characters including spaces must also be submitted along with a photo portrait.
In submitting an abstract, the author grants the organizers the right to publish the contents electronically and/or in printed form (abstract, CV, portrait photo).
Guidelines Registration Conference Visitors
Registration is open from 15 June 2023 to 15 February 2024
Early Bird deadline: 31. December 2023
The Conference will take place from Thursday, 29 February 2024 2pm to Sunday 3 March 2024 1pm.
The detailed Conference Program will be published in November 2023.
- EPTA President/Member of the board of trustees (free)
- Lecturer (170 CHF / early bird 150CHF)
- EPTA member (220 CHF/ early bird 200 CHF)
- Non - EPTA member (320 CHF/ early bird 300 CHF)
- Student (120 CHF/ early bird 100 CHF)
- Piano student of HSLUM / Piano professor of HSLUM (free)
- Two-day registration Non - EPTA Member Thursday & Friday (250 CHF)
- Two-day registration Non - EPTA Member Saturday & Sunday (250 CHF)
Alle entrance fees include a lunch catering service on Friday and Saturday.
The Conference Dinner will take place in Lucerne on Saturday, March 2nd 2024 (costs: 90 CHF).
A reservation is necessary (see in the registration form).
Please transfer the registration fee payable within 15 days after registering to the following account:
EPTA Switzerland, 5000 Aarau
IBAN: CH73 0900 0000 8005 3207 2
*The bank charges are to be borne by the payer.
©Foto Saal: HSLU